During the long, cold winter months in Star City, Arkansas, you want to make sure that your furnace is running in top condition. The best way to keep your furnace functioning smoothly is to invest in regular maintenance and timely repairs. That way, you can keep your family warm and comfortable.
DIY Home Maintenance
Modern furnaces are complex systems, and most maintenance tasks are best left to our professional service techs. However, there are a few tasks that you can perform—like changing or cleaning the air filter. This is an easy job and you should check the filter at least every three months. In addition, keep the furnace cabinet area free of dust, debris, and clutter.
During furnace maintenance, we follow a detailed checklist of tasks. Some of the maintenance projects we will perform include:
- Inspecting the gas burner assembly
- Checking for gas or carbon monoxide leaks
- Looking for cracks in the heat exchanger
- Cleaning and inspecting the blower fan and blower wheel
- Checking all electrical connections
- Calibrating the thermostat
- Ensuring that the safety controls are working properly
- Analyzing the combustion gases according to your furnace’s specifications
We will also clean the components to get rid of any buildup of dirt or oil.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
If our technicians see a problem during the inspection of your furnace, we will recommend repairs right away to prevent future problems. However, sometimes your heater requires emergency repairs. Here are a few things to watch for to let you know it’s time to call us for repairs:
- New and unusual sounds, like thumping and banging
- Troubling odors—especially those that smell like gas or burning of electrical lines
- The furnace is only blowing cold air
- The blower fan runs non-stop
- The circuit breaker keeps tripping
If you do not schedule prompt repairs, you could experience a complete system failure. You can keep your household comfortable and avoid the need for emergency furnace repairs. Call our team at Pine Bluff Heating & Air today at 870-275-4006 to schedule furnace maintenance or repair.
Image provided by Shutterstock